Ordering 3D models on 123DModel
Ordering 3D models is really easy. We’re using an online environment where you can add, manage and adjust as many orders as you like.
In this article, we will walk you through all the steps involved in placing your first order:
- Signing up
- Creating a project
- Adding products to a project
- Requesting a project quote
- Receiving 3D results
Step 1 Signing up for the portal
This step is really straight forward. Go to portal.123dmodel.com and click the sign-up button to get started. Fill in all required fields and hit the submit button. If all goes well, you should automatically be logged in to the portal.
Make sure you provide a valid email address, so we can help you in case you get locked out of your account.
Step 3: Adding products to your project
Next up, we’re going to add some products to our project. Each product represents an individual 3D model request. To add a product, we first have to open the project we created in the previous step. We do this by clicking the ‘open’ button indicated by the green arrow below.
Now, once inside the project, we click the plus sign. This will open up the product creator.
Once inside the product creator, fill in the required fields with model information and specifications. For an optimal result, state information as detailed as possible.
- Product name: The name for this product
- Product dimensions: The required dimensions for this product. For example, for a couch, provide us with the height, depth and width, but also the sitting height of the product.
- For example: width = 240cm, height = 120 cm, depth = 120 cm, sitting height = 70 cm.
- Product materials: The required materials for this product. Provide us with information about the required material(s) this product should consist of.
- For example: Product material should look like it is made out of a shiny metallic material.
- Color notes: The color information of the product. Provide color codes if available.
- Image directory link: A link to a directory that contains all the reference images of the model you are requesting. Provide as many pictures as possible and try to cover all angles of the product.
Note that you can add as many products to a project as you want.
A project ready for quotation should look something like this:
Congratulations, your project is ready for quotation!
Step 4: Requesting a project quote & payment
After adding your product(s) to your project, you can request a quotation. We do this from the project overview, as can be seen in this picture. After clicking the ‘request quote’ button, your project will be evaluated and you will receive a non-binding quote as soon as possible. You will be notified about the result in the portal and optionally by email.
Once you receive and agree to the price in the quote, you can pay for the project by clicking ‘Checkout’ in the project overview. This will bring you to the checkout page, as can be seen below.
If you do not wish to pay by credit card, please contact us at email@example.com.
As soon as we receive your payment, the project state will change to in progress, and we will start working on it.
Step 4: Receiving the 3D results
All done! As soon as we finish creating your models, you will receive a notification in the portal and optionally by email.
In order to view your 3D results, navigate to the project overview page and click on the “Result” tab on the right. This will navigate you to the results page of the project, as can be seen below. Click the “Open results” page to navigate to all 3D files.